Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pay It Forward - I've Been Given the Kreativ Blogger Award!


Paying it forward isn't just about craft supplies and finished products anymore.  It's also apparently spread to blogging!  I was given the Kreativ Blogger award by Finding Charm, fellow artisan and blogger, as a token of goodwill.  The recipient of this award is challenged to list 7 things about them that readers may not know and then pass the Kreativ Blogger award on to 7 other blogs the person enjoys reading.

1. I took Tae Kwon Do classes in Mexico a couple of summers ago.

2. One of the scariest things to me is the thought of being buried alive.

3. I cry at the end of every episode of Cold Case when they finally bring a person to justice.

4. When I was a kid I had several imaginary friends/bandmates and I dreamt of being a rockstar.  (This is what can happen to us only children, lol.)

5. I hated gender roles even as a child and decided blue was my favorite color since it was for boys.

6. I love mustard but mayonnaise initiates my gag reflex.

7. If I could do anything and money were no object, I'd pack my bags and travel the world taking pictures, tasting different food, and being an anthropology nerd.

So now you know a little bit more about me.  Hope it was interesting! ;)  Now it's my turn to pass this along to 7 other people.  Here we go:

1. http://andreawdesigns.blogspot.com/
This blogger is a wonderful promoter of other artisans and a sweet person in general.  She's an important part of the ArtFire forums and runs a ning group lovingly dubbed the "Crazy Train" which gets a whole group of us to promote fellow artisans via blogs, Twitter, VoteHandmade, and Facebook.  Her blog appears to have been revamped recently and the new look is great!  Be sure to have a look at the products she's promoting - you may see something you've just got to have!

2. http://creationswithheart.blogspot.com/
This is another artisan blogger for whom I have a great deal of respect.  <--Click to see why she rocks.  Each week she's featuring a new bunch of handmade artisans and their wares.  If you haven't checked her out yet, now is the time to leave a comment for your chance at the next week's feature and help keep this awesome blog growing.

3. http://totallytutorials.blogspot.com/
If you've seen my EB Friday Hotlist post from 1/15/10 you know exactly why this site is great.  Tons of tutorials, something for every skill level, both fun and practical projects - I could go on and on!  Their exchange program is also a great way for artisans and suppliers to promote themselves.

4. http://thefunkyfelter.blogspot.com/
I must admit, my primary source of communication with this artist is Twitter, but she's an awesome blogger too.  She's a very encouraging and helpful individual (which I say from personal experience) and has some good how-to information you should check out.  TFF is a very successful artisan on multiple venues so I'd pay attention to what she has to say.

5. http://mrsaholmesfam.blogspot.com/
Alright so Ray isn't a craft-blogger, but she's hella interesting and I love her!  I think she more than qualifies as creative.  We went to high school together and she's turned into this amazing military wife and mom since the last time I've seen her.  If your interests include raising kids, homeschooling, political issues, the US military, or a host of other things, you should go read this blog.

6. http://angieandjenny.blogspot.com/
These ladies are really cool people I met on Twitter.  I really think they deserve all the success in the world just for the simple fact that they're so kind and open to speaking with people.  And indeed that's the whole point of social networking.  They do awesome features about other artisans, including a recent one I really enjoyed about a guy that makes and sells custom guitar picks.  Pretty neat, right?  They also do giveaways so be sure to subscribe and you won't miss the next one.

7. http://shabbyblogsblog.blogspot.com/
She doesn't blog often, but when she does you'll want to read it!  Check out my post on branding to find out why.  I should note that my layout is different now from when I wrote that post, but there are still buttons and "blinkies" I use from there in my sidebars.  This blog is an invaluable resource for those who like this digital graphic style.

Well hopefully this post was not only informative about me, but led you to some blogs you may not have subscribed to yet.  I recommend using Google Friend Connect to add these blogs since it doesn't require a Blogger account.  You can follow someone using Twitter, AOL, or a host of other services.

Have you paid it forward lately?  Want to get involved in the PIF movement?  Email me at elles . beads [at] gmail . com or leave a comment here and I'll point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, have you been featured in 2010?  Let us know in the comments!

Until next time,
Elle

11 comments:

Finding Charm said...

Yea! I can't wait to check out these other bloggers. Hope this was fun and I enjoyed learning more about you. I'll be your travel buddy!

Elle said...

It really was fun! Thanks again! :)

Creations With Heart said...

Thank you sooo much Elle!!! You put a huge smile on my face!! You're a real sweetheart! I giggled when I saw this because I was working on something for you too!! Great minds!! I better start thinking about something interesting to say! LOL
Thank you again!
~Julie =]

Elle said...

I'm glad!! :) I really do think your blog is fantastic. Can't wait to read your 7 things!

The Ash Grove said...

Congrats on the award! What a great idea... :D

Shalana, the funky felter said...

Wow, thanks so much Elle for your kind, kind words! I really appreciate the encouragement and being honored with a spot on your list. And, as far as your #3 goes, me too! I can't help myself with that show. Thanks a bunch :)

Elle said...

I'm glad you're pleased! Thank you for your kindness and friendship!

Creations With Heart said...

I gave you an award! Visit my blog to pick it up! =]
Yay! Congratulations on your award!!

http://creationswithheart.blogspot.com/2010/02/ive-been-given-sunshine-award.html

Have a happy day!

Pssst...I'm working on my 7 things too!! =]

~Julie

Rholmes said...

Thanks for the award and shout out. :) Now to think of seven things about myself....hmmmm....

Elle said...

Thanks Julie! I'll have to get working on a post for that! I'm looking forward to reading your 7 things and checking out the blogs you've nominated.

Elle said...

You're welcome Rayven! <3