Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekly Treasures: Fashionable Recycling

I am so exhausted this week!  Since yesterday morning my left eyelid has been twitching like crazy.  This only happens to me when I'm overtired so I guess I need to get more rest.

One thing I love to do when relaxing is to look through different venues for great products.  This week with the introduction of the multi-item shopping cart feature, I've been paying more attention to Zibbet.  If you've never heard of this relatively new online marketplace, check out my top 5 reasons I'm a seller there

Not too many folks have tagged items as "recycled" yet but the items that were are definitely Spolight worthy.  Check out these 9 items from my fellow Zibbeters that are either recycled, upcycled, or all-new products designed to help people maintain green lifestyles:


I hope you'll enjoy browsing through these and other Zibbet shops as much as I did!  I listed a couple of recycled items myself last night.  I use my Zibbet shop for my handmade magnets, many of which are upcycled bottle caps.  They have the same funky sense of style that comes through in my jewelry and accessories:






 Have you discovered or created any great green products lately?  Share them in the comments!

Until next time,
Elle

2 comments:

JustIceJewelry said...

Hi Elle, Great article, great ideas with recycling! I use pottery shards in some of my pieces listed in my etsy shop. It's a great way to save a little piece of history & have something truly unique!

Elle said...

Yes, I'm a big fan of your pottery shard upcycled earrings! These are especially fun: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34646625

Thanks for reading!