I've been investigating other places to sell online besides Etsy and I decided to go with Artfire. Some of the features Artfire has that Etsy doesn't are as follows:
- Immediate, real-time customer service
- Global product editor
- Cost efficient advertising
- No seller fees ever
- Basic and pro accounts so you can try it out before deciding whether or not to upgrade
- Fewer sellers so newbies aren't dwarfed by tons of other sellers
- Equitable promotion of items to the front pages of search so that even new sellers get exposure
- Up to 10 images of each item (Etsy allows 5)
- A welcoming community that is easier to interact with on the forums
These are just a few of the great benefits I'm enjoying now. I'm hoping that Artfire will work well for me. I haven't shut down my Etsy shop, but please check out my studio at: http://www.artfire.com/users/ellesbeads. Let me know what you think of it!
If you're interested in ArtFire yourself as either a buyer or seller (or both), you should follow them on Twitter.
Until next time,